Time to Swoon
Updated: Jun 13
Tis almost Valentine’s Day, and if you’re like me then you do not have any Valentine. That’s okay, all the chocolate will be on sale soon enough which is much better than having a Valentine. But since Friday is all about love, let’s talk about the most swoon worthy book characters that have ever existed on the pages and in the hearts of readers everywhere.
5. Starting us off at number five is Aspen Leger from Kiera Cass’ The Selection series. We determined that I have a type, and Aspen fits that bill with his dark hair and bright green eyes. It’s not just his looks that make me swoon though. He gives what little he has first to his family and then to his love. He puts others first, and treats the women he loves like royalty no matter the sacrifices he must make.
4. Kerri Maniscalco brought Thomas Cresswell to readers around the world in 2016 with the publication of Stalking Jack the Ripper. Intelligent, witty, and quite humorous with a sweet tooth and caffeine addiction that can only rival mine; what’s not to love? Thomas is well aware of how smart he can be, making him fairly arrogant, but he is extremely loyal to those he cares about.
3. Don’t think I’ve forgotten about those who prefer ladies. With the help of some friends, we have some amazing ladies on this list as well. At number three is Feyre Archeron from A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. Feyre is a badass brought back from the dead. She may come across as cold and distant at first, but is very compassionate. She is rebellious and daring; wishing to create a better world around her. And while she has a bit of a temper, she is fiercely loyal to those close to her.
2. Lysandra Ashryver is a freaking badass, and badass ladies are swoon worthy. Also from Sarah J. Maas, Lysandra hails from the Throne of Glass series. Lysandra may come across as someone who gets whatever it is that she wants, but that’s not entirely correct. She uses her wiles achieve her goals, she, like many others on this list, is fiercely loyal and intelligent. Not to mention she’s a freaking shape shifter and will turn into a large cat and eat her enemies. I mean, if that doesn’t make you swoon I don’t know what will.
1. At number one, we have Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice. Could anyone else top this list? No, absolutely not. We all know he is the king of brooding, but he's generous and holds a lot of power. The power he has means nothing to him as he will gladly throw it all away for the woman he loves. He accepts his love the way she is no matter her status or what his relatives think.